When you provisioning SAP AS ABAP Developer Edition on the cloud (such as Azure or AWS), there are two versions for you to pick:
- SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP and SAP BW 7.5 SP01 on SAP HANA SP10 [Developer Edition] — Link to SAP CAL | Link to manual
- SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP and SAP BW 7.50 SP02 on ASE [Developer Edition] — Link to SAP CAL | Link to manual
Both versions (i.e. HANA and ASE) have different purposes as I can see now:
- HANA one is for those who want to try HANA DB like CDS, Native HANA Objects, etc.
- ASE one is for those who want to try cloud integration with SCP (I’ve tried to setup SCC on HANA one but it didn’t work)
- ASE is also available for local installation (on VirtualBox)
Choose the one that fit your need or both if you can afford them. :)