Collaborative Extension: Part 5-Create and Access SAP Jam Group
In This Part
This is the final part, we are going to enhance our Manage Products application to leverage SAP Jam feature for product discussion/review.
- Test connection by openning the link to Shop OData Service we bookmarked before. (e.g. https://gwaas-p1942320001trial.hanatrial.ondemand.com/odata/SAP/EPM_REF_APPS_SHOP_SRV;v=1) You should see available services in XML.
- Change the URL:
You should see the list of products in responsed XML.
- Download collaboration-extension.zip
- Open SAP Web IDE
Import and Run Collaboration Extension
- Right click at manageproducts node and select
Import → Import from File System
- Input the following:
File: (Select downloaded file collabotaion-extension.zip)
Import to /manageproducts
Extract Archive: selected
- Click OK then click OK again to overwrite the files.
- Select manageproducts node and click green Run icon at the upper toolbar to run application.
- You should see the Collaboration section.
Test Collaborative Extension Features
- Search for Notebook Basic or the product that you created Jam group for in previous part.
- You should see the Jam group link displayed. Click it to go to SAP Jam.
- Try creating a new Jam group by clicking the New icon.
- Input the following information:
Group Name: Why Notebook Basic 15 is bad?
Group Template: Product Discussion
- Click Create.
The new SAP Jam group should be created and displayed. Open the link.
- Open Back-end Fiori Launchpad via your bookmark.
- Open Shop application.
- Search for Notebook Basic and click Notebook Basic 15.
- You will see the existing 3 reviews of this products.
- Click Write a Review button.
- Add your review and rating star and click OK.
This review should appear on SAP Jam group as well.
Deploy Application and Register to Launchpad
- Right click at manageproducts node and select Project Settings.
- Select Project Types and make sure SAPUI5 Client Build is selected.
- Right click at manageproducts node and select Deploy → Deploy to SA Cloud Platform.
- Click Deploy.
Register to Fiori Launchpad
- Click Register to SAP Fiori Launchpad.
-discussto Semantic Object name. Click Next.
- Set the following:
Title: Manage Products
Subtitle: Ratings and Discussions
- Click Next.
- On the next page, select:
Site: Procurement Launchpad
Catalog: Procurement Applications
Group: Product Management
- Click Next and Finish.
- Click Open SAP Fiori Launchpad and test your app.
SAP Jam Mobile
You may install SAP Jam from App Store to test accessing SAP Jam from mobile application. See detailed instructions here.
To be continue…